VuMAP Helps Mobile Work Forces
If you work in any outdoor trade with a crew of mobile workers and equipment, you can use VuMAP, a feature-packed online mapping application with easy to use, built in tools to measure, draw, compare imagery year over year, and research property information, to save time and money on project administration. Follow the step by step example below to see how.
Let's imagine you're an arborist and a home owner who is concerned about Emerald Ash Borer has contacted your company for advice about their ash tree and a quote for your services. You can use VuMAP as a simple map-based tool with high resolution aerial imagery to:
- confirm locations of trees in aerial imagery
- communicate the work plan visually with land owners and your mobile crew
- check locations of property lines
- track the progress of your completed work
- spot potential work site hazards like power lines or steep slopes
- plan the most efficient route between work sites
Here's how you can use VuMAP in day to day project planning:
1. Start with a free trial subscription to VuMAP.
2. Search the map to find the location of the property.
3. Find the location of the tree the customer has described.
Related: Seven Ways to Waste Time and Lose Jobs
4. Review the site including the location of the property lines and easements, water features, terrain, and other details visible in our high resolution imagery that could affect access into the site.
5. Measure the crown, the distance to power lines, and determine where safe places for temporary work areas on the ground will be possible.
6. Make notes about your work plans directly over the imagery.
7. Send the customer a custom map of their site as documentation of what you plan to do for them.
Get a free trial subscription to VuMAP and try it out for yourself!